Vacuum problem?

To: "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Vacuum problem?
From: "Ben Prince" <blprince2@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 09:15:55 -0700
Listers

Although  my "other car" is not a Healey, I'd appreciate any advice.  My MG TF
is hard to start, and when it first starts it  runs rough for a short period.
After warming up and cruising at highway speeds, it  runs fine.  When I slow
down and pull up to a stop light, it often dies.  After re-starting, it will
idle at about 900 rpm with the clutch out.  When the clutch pedal is pushed,
the rpm falls significantly.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.  Is the problem a vacuum leak?  I've checked
the ignition (points, plugs, etc) and adjusted the carbs, all to no avail.