Re: Check valve

To: "Ph.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Subject: Re: Check valve
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:56:37 +0800
Hi Jack -

You need that check valve because it prevents backflow caused by
accidental pre-firing in the intake manifold... this can destroy the
diaphram on the servo.  Pre-firing can be quite common in healeys (if
the car's out of tune or missing dashpot oil), so you don't want to
risk it.

You are supposed to put it on the hose between the intake manifold and
the servo.

Best Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8