Re: Oil $75.21 barrel

To: John Sims <ahbn6@optonline.net>, Healey List
Subject: Re: Oil $75.21 barrel
From: Charlie Baldwin <ewsinc@suscom.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:13:14 -0400
Hey John,
Don't complain too loudly.  That's like Florida residents complaining
about it being cold in the winter.
Here in PA, it's at $2.79 at least and that is at the cheapest place in
town. And our prices are usually better than the nat'l. average.   I'll
bet on the PA turnpike it's pushing $3.00 because they figure they have
a captive audience. NJ, for some reason, doesn't gouge people as much on
the GSP and NJTpke, but normally you can do a bit better at some local
places.
I always figured that maybe your local and state taxes are less (hard to
imagine, I know) or the fact that you are close to refineries.  At any
rate, gas is always less in NJ.  I used to drive to NYC quite often and
made sure to fill up in NJ both directions, even if on the tpke.  New
York is one place you don't want to buy gas.
Charlie