RE: replacing flexible oil line 3000/1

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: replacing flexible oil line 3000/1
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 06:26:04 -0700
Hi, Tim -

I replaced the flex line on a fellow BJ8 owner's car in the parking lot of
the hotel at a car show a couple years ago, and did it from below, lying on
my back on the pavement.  The car was jacked up on the driver's side and we
had something under the wheels as a safety measure.  I don't think it's
possible to replace the line from above unless you have universal joints in
your arms.  The owner of this car was quite a bit larger than I am, so I fit
underneath better than he.  I won't say it was easy, but it was possible.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC   USA