RE: Engine rebuild

To: "'Blue One Hundred'" <healey.nut@gmail.com>, <WWSCPO@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Engine rebuild
From: "Ned Smith" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 10:17:17 -0400
I do mostly street driving but want to take trips that would involve a few
days of Interstate driving. Can you give me a part # from Moss or Victoria
British for the vane pump? Will it fit directly into a BJ8? The drawings I
see make them look quite different.

Ned Smith
BJ8
near Chattanooga, TN
N34.98 W85.5

8)  If you are using your car mostly for street driving, go out and buy a
new rotary vane oil pump from an earlier 3000/100/6.  The gear pumps used on
BJ8s were pretty cheap manufacture, and really are only superior for high
RPM situations, otherwise the rotary vane pump will last much longer and
keep much better oil pressure at low RPMs.