RE: tires, oh my

To: "Healeys Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: tires, oh my
From: "Len and/or Marge" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 17:31:43 -0700
Bill:  Yes, there are some tires that are asymetrical - the tread pattern
is not identical on both sides of the center line.  They are designed to
rotate in one direction only and be installed on specified side of the
vehicle.  Had a set at one time.  Not sure about the brand but they could
have been Pirelli.  Also, when steel belted radials first came out, it was
recommended that they only be rotated front to back, not side to side.
Supposedly, the steel belt would take a 'set' in the direction of rotation
and running them the other way would damage them.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA
1967 3000 MKIII HBJ8L39031