directional tires, sure! might even apply to Healeys

To: "Austin Healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: directional tires, sure! might even apply to Healeys
From: "William Moyer" <William.Moyer@millersville.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 18:54:30 -0400
Well, I got educated.  Directional, non-directional, asymetrical...... there
are so many kinds of tires I'm amazed that there aren't square ones yet.
Having said that, now someone is going to send me directions to a site selling
square tires.

All my daughter's tires had been mounted the same way, so one side was right
and one side was wrong.  However, changing that didn't stop all the vibration
which occurs at any speed.  The fellow's latest hypothesis is that the rotors
need to be machined and that is also a source of mystery to me because the
vibration doesn't change or only occur under braking.

I guess I should just learn to live with being mystified because it's clear
that I don't understand what's going on here.  However, as usual, the list was
very helpful and I thank you all.

Bill Moyer, BJ7, now amazed that it runs at all