Air Filters

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Air Filters
From: "eugene faust" <ejfaust@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 21:56:50 -0400
For a couple of reasons I have decided to replace the cold air box on my
100M with filters. I have a pair of filters that will fit the 1 3/4' carbs.
However, there is no provision for attaching the breather hose from the
valve cover.  Can I just cap off the fitting on the valve cover?  If that
isn't advisable, is there a filter available that has the hose fitting and
attaches to the carbs with thru bolts rather than cap screws threaded into
the back of the filter.  I like the thru bolts because it makes the filters
much easier to install and remove. If there is no such filter available, do
I assume correctly that any filter from a later model healey with 1 3/4"
carbs will fit?

Gene