Foot box questions

To: "Healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Foot box questions
From: "Ray Juncal" <gonzo18@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 11:58:03 -0700
List
    The frame repair has come out very nicely and I'm moving on to the other
details that I need to tidy up.  Next on the list is some rust lace in the
foot box on the driver side about where your heels rest when on the pedals.  I
have the Killmartin panel which has about 6" of floor and a bend and then the
panel with the holes for the brake and clutch.  It's a pretty complicated
piece to fit in.  I think what I want to do is  cut the Kilmartin part so I
use just the floor and a couple of inches up the face panel.  The question is
where to cut?  Most of the weld will be hidden behind the "asbestos"
insulation if I can figure out what that looks like.  The insulation on my car
is/was gone except for the little bit under the big round washers.  Can anyone
fax me a drawing of that insulation panel?  The other thing that is bothering
me is the small diamond shaped depression near the gas pedal mounting holes.
The Kilmartin part doesn't have this.  What is it for?  It's on both sides but
in a different spot for right hand drive cars.  Is it hidden under the
insulation panel?
    I humbly await the gift of list knowledge.
Thanks
Ray Juncal
healeyray.com