Re: Austin-Healey Dealer in Chicago

To: Patton Dickson <57healey@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Austin-Healey Dealer in Chicago
From: Carlos Cruz <healey3000bn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 09:56:44 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Patton,

  There was a Hoffman Motor Car Co. that operated out of 487 Park Avenue, New
York City in the 50's and 60's.  They imported Alphas, Jags and M-Benz.  I've
attached a copy of a Jag Mark IV postcard distributed by Hoffman back in 1946.
If you enlarge it you can get the exact address off of it.

  There was also a Hoffman Motor Car Co located in Penbrook, PA which
distributed Nash beginning in 1956.  There was also a dealership in Sharon, PA
that operated from 1939-1948.  I mention these only bacause of the Nash~Healey
connection.  http://nashparts.com/Dealership/Nashdealerships.htm offers a
comprehensive list of Nash dealers by state.  Many in Chicago and none name
Hoffman.  That doesn't mean anything other than perhaps Hoffman of Chicago
didn't carry Nash.

  There are references to Hoffman Motor dealerships all across the country back
in the 50's & 60's.  Either a big chain or just a common name.  Sorry this
isn't much help.

  Cheers,
  Carlos Cruz

  PS ~ Google is an amazing tool.

Patton Dickson <57healey@gmail.com> wrote:
  I have a business card for the Norman J. Allen, Service Manager of
Hoffman Motor Car Co. of Chicago. The card lists thier brands as
Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, Porsche, and Austin-Healey. Was that the only
dealer in Chicago? My Heritage Certificate says the Destination
(dealer) was Chicago, so I am wondering if this is the dealership for
my car.

Thanks
Patton

--
Patton Dickson - http://Austin-Healeys.com/

            mkiv_hoffman_ca
rds_holder_s

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif]