Austin-Healey dealer in Chicago

To: "Patton Dickson" <57healey@gmail.com>,
Subject: Austin-Healey dealer in Chicago
From: "G. Brierton" <gbrierton@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 18:34:16 -0400
Hi Patton,
My first car was a new BJ8, purchased in Rockford, Illinois on April 4th
1965, from Forest City Imported Cars, Ltd., 315 So. Church.
Let her go during grad school in Utah, 1966. Managed to get #2 (new) in the
summer of 1967 (Red/Black interior) in Rockford (same dealer).  As I recall,
these cars were shipped to Rockford from their import point, Roosevelt
Motors, Chicago.  I think Roosevelt Motors was just a distribution business.
There was also a dealer in Round Lake, Illinois and in Bloomington, Illinois
at that time.  All carried multiple marques, and survived into the 70's,
but are now gone.  I'm guessing that there were multiple dealers in Chicago
in the 50's and 60's.  Is the business card current?

Gary Brierton

'67 BJ8 aka The Silver Bullet