Re: overdrive

To: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>, <MBran89793@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: overdrive
From: "Alex" <alexmm@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 18:53:17 -0400
Greg, WD-40 is an agent designed to displace water. It should never be used
as an electrical contact cleaner or lubricant. It will eventually dry up and
leave a sticky goo.

A better contact cleaner is Caig's De-Oxit, which is also available in an
aerosol spray. I also occasionally use a product called Stabilant-22. You
can refer to these on the Web.

Even old fashioned TV tuner contact cleaner is preferable to WD-40.  Avoid
WD-40 at all costs on electrical contacts. It's sure to be a short-term fix.

==    Alex in Maine
      1960 BT7 3000 Mark 1 - "The Blue Mainie"
      Former owner of 1957 100-6, and 1967 3000 Mark III BJ8
      http://users.adelphia.net/~alexmm/ai2q.htm