Re: FLAP Cure

To: "Rick Neves _._" <56BN2_06@genomictechnologies.com>,
Subject: Re: FLAP Cure
From: PETER DAVIS <paddymck@peoplepc.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 15:33:08 -0400 (EDT)
Rick,

You can try what I did which solved my similar BN2 problem.  I attached about
2ft of self adhesive black foam rubber draught sealer strip, 3/4in wide and
7/16 thick, to the underside of the windshield seal across the center part of
it's length and about halfway down it's width (thick edge to thin).  It rests
lightly on the cowl when the screen is down or up and stops the flapping.  I
also needed better sealing with the screen up and added a couple of 9in long
pieces at each end.  They really don't show and blend into the black space
under the chrome surround.

I must say that at 60mph plus, I tend to find my cheeks ending up somewhere
behind my ears.

regards,

Peter Davis