[Fwd: loose pulley]

To: Michael Salter <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>,
Subject: [Fwd: loose pulley]
From: Edwin Harris <mail@edwinharris.net>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 14:53:30 -0400
Michael,

I appreciate your advice about the steps in lifting the front of my BJ8
engine in order to tighten the pulley. I have removed all but the engine
mounts, but am waiting until this evening when I replace the
transmission to do that because I don't want the engine rocking around
without something to stabilize it.  My problem seems to be compounded
because the engine is so close to the front cross member that I can't
even remove the fan belt. Is there any way to adjust the engine mounts
short of  fabricating new ones?  I know the restraint on the rear of the
transmission can be adjusted somewhat, but it appears that the engine
mounts are in a fixed position. I need to be able to change fan belts
without lifting the engine. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Edwin