Healey Hundred Startup

To: "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Healey Hundred Startup
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 22:02:02 -0400
Hi all,

I'm completing a restoration the owner began a few years ago. he had the
engine all rebuilt and buttoned up before I happened on the scene to carry the
project to completion.

Anyway, it's a very early BN1 (body 156) and it's proving to be lots of fun
getting the early details nailed down.

Tonight after pulling the plugs and spinning her up on the starter 'till
pressure showed on the gauge, I reinstalled the plugs and got her fired up for
the first time in well over 30 years.

Immediately the oil pressure needle shot up to almost 90 p.s.i.  We all know
what that is, don't we?

Now to drain the oil, drop the pan and relieve the oil return hole that is no
doubt blanked off by the pan gasket.

I'll let you know how that goes, but not tonight (yawn).

Rich Chrysler