Cooler feet

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cooler feet
From: "John O'Brien" <banjojohn@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 22:29:05 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
Hi Listers:
Perhaps some of you have already done something similar, but I built a
little deflector to channel the air from the fresh air vent under the dash
down towards my feet.  I used a 2" PVC 90 degree street elbow and three
small 1" L brackets.  I took off the little plate that holds the screen over
the vent hole.  Then I eyeballed the positioning of the street L so it would
blow the air down towards the pedal area.  I cut off part of the side of the
street L so that it could fit up against the flat piece of metal that is
just above the vent opening.  I used my dremel, but you could do it with a
saw also.  I used the plate that held the screen to determine the
positioning of the three L brackets on the sides of the street L.  After I
attached the L brackets to the sides of the Street L I used the plate again
to determine where to drill new holes in the L brackets so they would line
up with the holes where the plate had been screwed.  I cut off some of the
excess tab of each L bracket and then fastened it in place of the plate and
screen.  On my test drive I could feel a nice breeze blowing on my legs.
This should help get some of the heat out of the footwell which was kind of
a dead air space before.  I don't know if anyone else cares about this
little modification, but I am pleased with the results, so I thought I'd
pass it on.
John O'Brien
'61 Bugeye
'65 BJ8