Cooling problems BJ8

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Cooling problems BJ8
From: George.Alexopoulos@beldencdt.com
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 15:15:10 -0400
Having problems with overheating while in traffic...after a few minutes
(literally maybe 2-3 minutes) the needle sky rockets to the max.

Once I get moving, it tends to cool down but will immediately shoot up
again if I slow down.

I had the thermostat changed last winter as well as a coolant flush and
change but the problem is still there.

I noticed reading the Shop Manual that the cap for the radiator is rated at
10Lbs...but mine is only rated 7Lbs.

Could that be the cause????   Could not having greased the water pump for a
long time do that??? Could the tension on the belt be too loose, if so,
what guidelines should I use to tighten it???

Any help will be huge!!!

Regards,

George
67 BJ8
78 MGB

Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message.

If you are not the addressee of this message, you may not copy, use
or deliver this message to anyone.  In such event, you should destroy
the message and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail.

It is understood that opinions or conclusions that do not relate to
the official business of the company are neither given nor endorsed
by the company.