Re: BJ8 window rail

To: Freese@autox.team.net, Ken <Kendall.Freese@Aerojet.com>
Subject: Re: BJ8 window rail
From: John Loftus <loftusdesign@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 18:02:50 -0700
Ken,

I believe the glass was originally held with Everseal glazing strips. Moss
carries a glazing strip but I found it too thick when trying to install new
door glass. You should be able to find thinner glazing strip from an older
automotive glass shop. With Everseal you can coat it with oil to lubricate for
easier installation and then the oil  absorbs into the rubber and swells to
tighten the fit.

http://www.allglassparts.com/product/1139533693

Cheers,
John

Subject: BJ8 window rail

The bottom rail that holds the roller has come off the window frame.
Should I line the rail with a thin rubber sheet and then push it back on
to the window frame?
Ken Freese
65 BJ8