Re: Transmission tunnel questions

To: Bugtop <bugtop@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Transmission tunnel questions
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 15:54:32 +0800
Hi Mark -

1)  I do not believe grommets are original here.  My tunnel has very
small holes for the screw mounts

2) I can't comment, maybe the Nocks can.  I've used camper seal for
years which works.

3) Man, 1/2" thick?  That is too thick.  There are several suppliers
that sell heat shield material that is about 3/16" to 1/4" thick.  You
don't want it thicker than that otherwise it will be a b**ch to get on
the car.  Here is one suggestion (I used this on my car, it rocks):

http://www.julianos.com/insultek.html

4) Your best chance to get this nut off is to buy this tool:

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=2123&group_ID=262&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

Snap on part # FRX201

This tool fits in there like a glove and is rock solid.  It is
six-sided flank-drive, so if you are going to have a shot with
anything on this nut, it will be this tool.

Otherwise your only choice is to vice grip it, and that is a very bad idea.

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8