Oil filter change

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil filter change
From: "Leonard Berkowitz" <drberkowitz@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 22:57:53 -0400
How many times have I changed the oil in my beloved Healey over the last 22
years and been frustrated by that filter. Well I think I have found an
easier way.  No I did not change to a spin off type filter.  Instead I
simply unbolt the assembly from the engine block by undoing the two vertical
bolts. Then I am able to open the assembly, easily remove, and replace the
old gasket and filter and simple reattach the assembly to the block.
Incidently I have been reusing the gasket between the assemly and the block
with no problems.  If you want to replace the gasket it is fairly easy to
cut your own using a sheet of the appropriate material.
Try it, you might like it.