Timing lights

To: "'Austin-Healey List'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Timing lights
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 18:03:49 +0100
My Gunson timing light has gone to the great scrap yard in the sky and
fairly good riddance. It was the basically basic model with no advance,
nothing except a flashing light. Not quite a waste of time and money, but
almost.
So, an opportunity to get a new toy presents itself. My preference is, as
ever, to buy an expensive item second hand rather than a cheap one new. So
eBay probably.
Any ideas? The Snapons look good, but are pricey, even second hand.
What about Sealey? They seem offer a fair range and are mid priced.
Or the MAC TL-87? Appears to be from the States, looks like the Snapon, but
I can find nothing about it anywhere. Anybody know it??? It looks like a
fine item.

Simon Lachlan
Comfort House
Bradninch