Re: starting problem

To: "Breda O'Sullivan" <conbreda@eircom.net>
Subject: Re: starting problem
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 09:06:09 +0800
Breda -

You can also have this problem if there is a bad armature widning on
the starter.  If the brush is sitting on the bad armature, it won't
turn... or only very slowly, until it hits a good winding.

Either way sounds like the starter should come out.  It could also be
a bad solenoid so if you want to replace that first, you can try that.
 If the problem doesn't go away, rebuild the starter.  its cheap to
do.

alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8