Re: stuck in overdrive

To: "Bluechipracing" <bluechipracing@snet.net>,
Subject: Re: stuck in overdrive
From: "Chris Dimmock" <cd3000@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 01:40:58 +1000
No Jim.

It's even happened to some of us who are running Redline

:)

I supect its a temperature thing (I've only ever seen it happen on
racetracks - after the car has driven off the circuit) -  and the only cure
is smacking the brake ring with the knock off hammer.

It must have something to do with the O/D release springs - next rebuild -
I'll be looking at replacing those 40 year old overdrive release springs....

Best

Chris

www.myaustinhealey.com