Re: stuck in overdrive

To: "Bluechipracing" <bluechipracing@snet.net>,
Subject: Re: stuck in overdrive
From: "Rick Neves _._" <56BN2_06@genomictechnologies.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 15:54:45 -0400
Hey Jim,

This never happens to me. I've used 30wt Nondeg. oil and now I have Red Line
in there. It seems to shift a tab better, but that might just be me getting
better at shifting.

I've got no suggestions here, but does it always happen when things are hot
or can it happen when the tranny is dead cold as well? The former would of
course support the heat up idea.

I did have my O.D. completely apart. I did replace one of the pistons but
that was due to my own stupidity of breaking the original, I didn't replace
the springs that were original. I did scrape off some of the rust. Those
spring were not under compression during the thirty years of storage. The
previous owner had taken the OD apart. I think I replaced a few of the
thrust bearings/washers and of course the rear bearing. I am telling the
condition of mine just to let you know that it may not be an age thing.

There is a tolerance stack up on the OD components resulting in a special
size thrust washed that needs to be correct to minimize binding. I'm sure
you know this. I picked an in between size and I think I was just lucky
seeing that I ended up with minimal play.
Sincerely

Rick Neves
'56 BN-2

Millis, MA 02054