Re: Choke pull length?

To: "Esko and Megan Cate" <ptenmcate@cablespeed.com>,
Subject: Re: Choke pull length?
From: "KENNETH MASON" <meditionm@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 22:37:16 -0700
Esko

Did you take the free play out of the spring loaded levers where the cables
attach to the SU's?  It seems to me that each cable needs to be bottomed out
in the cross-bar, then pulled toward the carb and attached with the free play
minimized.  All this should be done without the cable from the dash knob fixed
to the cross bar.  The cross bar should be forward as far as possible at this
time.  The free play I refer to is that the spring loaded levers on the carbs
move quite a bit before they actually have any actual effect (ie: lower the
jet and lifts the throttle).  The last thing to do is to fix the pull knob
cable to the cross bar.  I could be all wet, but this is the way I see it!
Ken Mason
BJ7 in work