Lubricant for Toyota 5-speed in my Smitty conversion

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lubricant for Toyota 5-speed in my Smitty conversion
From: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:31:52 -0500
Hi All, I need help from others with a Toyota 5-speed (PLEASE) on what
gearbox lube oil to use.  Mine is from an '86 Supra if that matters.
I've heard of everything from 80-90 wt. gear lube to automatic trans
fluid.  A tranny repair guy recommended a synthetic-natural blend.  Even
the local Toyota dealers can't agree.  I just don't wanna fry this bad
boy.  O woe is me...why can't things be simple??  Many thanks,

Jack