Re: Lubricant for Toyota 5-speed in my Smitty conversion

To: Awgertoo@aol.com, JNBrashear@garverengineers.com,
Subject: Re: Lubricant for Toyota 5-speed in my Smitty conversion
From: Earl Kagna <kags@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:50:41 -0700
Jack:

I agree with Michael - when my BJ8 was on the road with a Toyota conversion,
I ran Redline MTL for about 4 years - worked beautifully!  Toyota usually
recommended a gear oil for those boxes.  When it goes back on the road, it
will get MT90 - just a bit heavier, and closer to what the recommendation
is, as Michael suggests.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BT7 tri-carb