Re: Which way to go

To: "D HALL" <dthall@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: Which way to go
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 11:22:46 +0800
David -

I would have a look through Hemmings and Auto trader.  Some of the
more traditional owners who aren't so Internet savvy will prefer to
sell their healeys through these traditional mediums.

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/?op=query&adtype=carsforsale&r=20&t=&am=&am=all_stories&f=story&keywords=austin+healey

Unfortunately Auto Trader online is no use for classic cars, but if
you buy it in the gas stations in the US there will, if you are lucky,
be a couple of Healeys in there.  Some people still like to use the
classifieds in the major papers too, have a look there, if there's a
deal to be had it will be through these channels.  Autotrader does
work with wwwheels online, but I can't say much more than that:

http://www.wwwheels.com/cfapps/searchindex.htm

I would also look at british wrecking yards and older established
british car repair shops, sometimes they have stuff for sale too, like
the Nocks in Stockton CA for example.

Actually, if you are willing to make the trip, I bet if you putter
about Northern California around Chico, Shasta and Redding, you may be
very lucky and see some nice rust free Healeys for sale for not that
much money, if you are willing to spend a couple weeks snooping
around.  The area is very beautiful and has great wine, beer and food.

Best Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1
'53 A90