SS muffler

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: SS muffler
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 09:24:31 -0700
Hello List,

Is there any way to buy a stainless steel muffler without buying the whole
exhaust system?  Moss only sells the whole system, and although Hemphill's
lists a part number for just the muffler, when I tried to order one, they
would not sell it.

I have new M*** mild steel systems on both my BN7 MK2 and BT7 MK2, and they
sound terrible.  The BN7 has a nasty resonance at 2300 to 2500 rpm, and the
BT7 has such a loud rap it is going to get me a ticket.  I had a ss system on
the BN7 MK2 I just sold, and it sounded great.  (it even got a trophy in a
"Best Sounding Healey" contest at the Northwest Meet in 2004)  Obviously I
could spend $400 for a whole ss system, but I only need the muffler.

John Snyder