Re: SS muffler

To: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: SS muffler
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:05:32 +0800
Ron -

The Bell system is the best.  I have it on my 100/4 and it purrs like a
kitten.  I have the Falcon system on my BJ8 and it also is very good.  The
difference is, however, that the Falcon system will discolor, so really you
should paint the whole thing black to look like an original MS system.  They
both sound original like an OEM mild steel system, but my feeling is the
Bell system is the quietest and smoothest of the lot because the steel guage
it uses is the thickest.  The Bell system just feels like pure quality,
which it is.

The mild steel systems start out pretty quiet, but they corrode pretty fast
and the baffles break loose very quickly, so it will be noisy within a few
months of installing it.  I would stay away from the Mild Steel systems.
Even the major auto manufacutrers don't really use MS anymore for exhaust.

Alan

'53 BN1
'53 A90
'64 BJ8