Re: 100-4 assembly advice please...

To: <Fiat500f@aol.com>, "Healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 100-4 assembly advice please...
From: "Rick Neves _._" <56BN2_06@genomictechnologies.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 08:58:20 -0400
Hey Paul,

I don't think that panel is screwed in place. May be just at the top. If it
is screwed on the sides, Which I kinda remember doing myself, then it is
screwed on the under side of the carpet. I think the way it works is that if
the carpet is installed correctly, you extend the carpet edge past the metal
on the sides and then fold it back (the carpet) back onto itself (about 3/4
to 1/2 inch), which gives a nice edge, then you can lift back this edge a
bit and get your screws  (and drill perhaps) in from the underside. Use lots
of glue. Spray at least three coats and let them dry to get good adhesion of
the area you want to stick. When you pull back the layer of carpet to get
the screws in and then let it go, it should snap back into place because the
carpet is relatively stiff.

I tried to snap a picture but its too dark. Let me know if you need a better
description, I'll try again and put more light on the subject.

FYI, I definitely don't see any of the screws when I look at my installation
and I know I've removed that panel after the carpet installation. In fact I
remember attaching the carpet to that metal cover in my living room. So I
know you do it off the car.
Sincerely

Rick Neves
'56 BN-2