Re: fuel tank

To: "Jim Parish" <jimp@parishpartners.com>
Subject: Re: fuel tank
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:21:51 +0800
Jim -

If I were to do it again I would go with aluminum.  The risk of galvanic
corrosion is much less than oxidation from water in the tank on a steel
tank.

Simply prepare the aluminum tank by painting it and then making sure it is
put in the car with some neoprene strips on the underside.  Putting it in
your car this way should ensure that your tank will never corrode through
again.

The only real advantage with a steel tank is they look original, the
aluminum ones don't.

Alan

'53 BN1
'53 A90