Back from Nelson

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Back from Nelson
From: "John Trifari" <jtrifari@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 16:14:37 -0700
Saturday PM.  I'm back home in Sunnyvale CA; Steve Cloyes is probably sitting
with his feet up at home in Walnut Creek.  We departed Nelson BC at 5 AM
yesterday (Friday) and crossed the border at Rossland. Great morning run down
WA 25 to US 395 at Kettle Falls and breakfast. Continued down 395 through
Spokane (don't want to do that again) to Pasco/Richland and across into OR for
lunch.  Hot afternoon.  Pulled over in the shade in John Day and let the cars
cool down.  Continued on 395 south to Burns OR, then west on 20/395 and 395
south across the desert at sunset.  Great road.  Night time brought out all
the varmints and I came close to ace-ing Bugs Bunny.  Gassed up at Lakeview OR
and continued into Alturas CA where we tied up for the night.  Steve
calculated 799 miles.  Today down 299 to I-5 at Redding and onto I-505 to
I-80/I-680 into the Bay Area.  Both the BN1 and Steve's BN4 performed with a
hitch.  Great show.  Congrats to all who made the drive. Nelson a great site;
the tour through New Denver outstanding.  Thanks to all from the BC club for
their hard work.

John Trifari   Golden Gate Austin Healey Club