Re: brake pipes

To: "Alan Schultz" <alan@andysnet.net>,
Subject: Re: brake pipes
From: "Alex" <alexmm@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 12:44:51 -0400
My left- and right-hand caliper installation went as smooth as ice
yesterday. I bent the pipes (obtained from Inan at Healey Surgeons) using a
$6.99 bender from NAPA (p/n 775-9001). I experienced no crushing or
deformation of the 3/16th pipes.

The nice folks at NAPA also cross-checked the part number on the Loctite
thread sealant. It used to be PST592, and is shown that way in the latest
Victoria British catalog as well as NAPA's 2005 catalog. It's now NAPA p/n
765-2948.

You can review the product description here:

http://www.barnhillbolt.com/specs/loctite592tds.pdf

The calipers were supplied from Lazar at Apple Hydraulics. He shipped them
FEDX for $10, too! Used Mintex pads and anti-sqeail shims (also from Healey
Surgeons).

Finally got to put my Mity-Vac to the test. It worked out well once I fitted
the tsapered adapters to the bleed nipples. In the past I had tried using
the cylindrical Mity-Vac adapters and they werem't suitable due to air
leakage, no matter how hard I pressed them on.

==    Alex in Maine
      1960 BT7 3000 Mark 1 - "The Blue Mainie"
      Former owner of 1957 100-6, and 1967 3000 Mark III BJ8
      http://users.adelphia.net/~alexmm/ai2q.htm