Re: Camshaft Origins

To: D HALL <dthall@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: Camshaft Origins
From: sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:58:13 +1000
Quoting D HALL <dthall@btinternet.com>:

> Hi
>   Just wondering if any  has heard of a camshaft SID1 or SIDI that is the
> number on the container. The camshaft that is in the container I believe is a
> std cam for the 3000, therefore the racing cam is in the engine cica 1977.
> The cam, according to the container was purchased from Gran Prix motors of
> High Road South, Tottenham, London. Any knowledge of this cam. Is it a full
> blown racing or a fast road cam?
>   Thanks in anticipation David Hall
>

> David Hall

It may be a co-incidence but there was a well known and raced UK Healey owned
by Sid Segal who had a number of ex-works rally cars and spares. One of his
cars was known as SID 1 -- could that mean the cam you have was ground to a
grind known as Segal's SID.1???
This car was featured in the English magazine 'Car and Car Conversions'
Some of the Healey books also had photos of Sid's collection
Joe Armour