Fuel sender nut

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel sender nut
From: "P.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 19:41:22 +0200
This time a question for my British Healey friends. I just discover that
a little nut is missing from my fuel tank gauge sender unit. It's the
nut under which the cable is clamped. I've emptied all my jam jars with
peculiar nuts and bolts but nothing fits.
I'm afraid the thread is something like BA thread, and in my view the
only opportunity to get a BA threaded nut that small (the o/d of the
thread is just over 3 mm or 120 thou) is to ask someone in the UK to
empty their jam jar(s) and see whether they can find one, JUST ONE, nut
that would help me out of my problem.
Any  reaction will be appreciated.
Kind regards, and thanks in advance!
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432 starting to look like a Healey