FW: RE: mystery horn, final.

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: FW: RE: mystery horn, final.
From: dgschwind@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 21:07:32 +0000
Hi, listers,
    Thanks for your many reponses to help me diagnose and treat the disease of
my horn blowing upon hard braking. This is the final report, I hope! First was
a complete system check. I did not want to get into the trafficator if I could
avoid it. I found if I disconnected the ground wire at the relay (for the air
horn pump) the horn was quiet, so the problem had to be between there and the
horn button. Next disconnect the ground wire at the bottom of the strg. column,
still silent. I diasassembled the horn relay, tipped it on it's side to
simulate decel, still silent. Entertain 10 house guests. Dissassemble the
trafficator, check the wiring, no faults, no open wires. Give up! Reassemble
and the horn remained silent except when asked to beep. The "mystery" is still
there but the horn works now. End of story, I hope!
Thanks,
Don BJ8  Pandora