Computer Problem With One Healey Web Site

To: "Healeys Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Computer Problem With One Healey Web Site
From: "Len and/or Marge" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 22:18:34 -0700
This is not a Healey problem but is Healey related and I know that there are
some Listers who are computer competent.

 I am no computer expert so when I could not see the pictures on John Sim's web
site (Healey6), I contacted him.  We went through several options and he
finally referred me to the "Pictures Are Not Displayed..." article in the
Microsoft Knowledge Base.  I have done everything recommended within my
capabilities.  Right clicking the red X  > Show Picture does not work.
'Properties' shows that his pictures are .jpg as are the pictures on other
Healey web sites:  AHCUSA, AHCUK, acmefluid (Varney), healeys.ca (BC), and AH
Sports and Touring.  I can see the pictures on those sites but not on John's.
Some of the MS recommended conditions were:  "Links" is checked on the Toolbar,
"Show Pictures" is checked in Internet Options > Multimedia.  I do not have
Toggle Images.exe installed,  Security tab is set at Default Level, Auto-Select
is checked in the View > Encoding menu,  English is the chosen language.

It shouldn't be my security settings (Zone Alarm Security Suite) if I have no
problems with other web sites.  Turning the Firewall off makes no difference.
Other Listers evidently get the pictures.  Is it me, my computer, or John's?

What am I missing?

TIA

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA