Re: Ebay Help Question

To: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>,
Subject: Re: Ebay Help Question
From: "Chris Dimmock" <cd3000@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 22:05:19 +1000
Mark - like it or not - them's the rules....

Or - more precisely - these are the rules:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/questions/endlist-now.html

"How can I end my listing (auction) immediately?

If needed, you can end your listing before the scheduled end date. If there
are bids on your item, you can cancel them.

Reasons for ending listings early include:
- The item is no longer available for sale.
- There was an error in the starting price or reserve amount.
- There was an error in the listing.
- The item was lost or broken.

To end your listing early:
- Type your item number into the End My Listing Early form. (You can get
this number on your listing, on your confirmation email, or on your My eBay
page.)
If there are bids on your item, choose between Cancel bids and end listing
early or Sell item to high bidder(s) and end listing early
(If your item has no bids, you can skip this step).

- Choose the reason you're ending your listing early.
- Your listing will end and will no longer be displayed on eBay. If there
were bidders, they will be emailed that their bid was canceled and the
listing ended early.

Note: Your account will still be charged listing fees (such as the Insertion
Fee) if you end your listing early. Consider revising your listing first if
there are aspects of it you want to change or improve."

Chris