RE: Getting a stuck engine loose

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Getting a stuck engine loose
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 12:36:10 -0400
I've had great luck with marvel mystery oil.  The worse case I had was an MGA
that had not run in 9 years.  I pulled the plugs, put a fair amount of oil in
each cylinder and let it sit overnight.  The next day I put a large wrench on
the pulley nut and the engine turned after a few good wacks with a large
hammer.  Not only did the engine turn over, but ran for some time with no
additional work.  I must admit though that it did smoke quite a bit upon heavy
acceleration.
Pete