Ignition/Distributor Question

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Ignition/Distributor Question
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 23:37:32 EDT
OK, I'm officially stumped.  I have a 60 BT 7 in the shop that came in
running very roughly.  It had a Mallory Dual Point Distributor in it.   After
initial checks one set of the points was closed.  However the  customer wanted
change to the Unilit Mallory Distributor with matching  Mallory Coil.  OK, no
big deal, swap the drive gear, ground the brown wire,  red to positive, green
to negative, plug it in, check timing, fire it  up.   Wrong.  I have NO fire
going to the distributor.  What  have I done wrong?  Does the car need a
resistor bar?

Thanks,

Gary Fuqua
Branson, MO

Oh yes, I should point out the car has been changed to Negative  Ground.