For Americans only (or those interested).... otherwise delete

To: Healey <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: For Americans only (or those interested).... otherwise delete
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:41:57 +0800
Hi -

Before you read this, if you are unhappy with me for any reason, please feel
free to respond as you see fit.  Your opinions are okay with me, even if you
think I'm a schmuck!

I thought some of you would be interested in this employees address from CIA
director Gen. Hayden:

https://www.cia.gov/cia/public_affairs/press_release/2006/pr09112006.htm

At first I had reservations of his appointment (as a military man), but upon
reading this statement I have them no more.  This is the first time I have
ever seen the CIA openly acknowledge the good work that they have done while
in the midst of covert operations.  For the Agency to name and openly honor
employees who have died in action is unprecedented and long overdue.  This
statement alone will redouble covert operatives' morale and focus.

As someone who lived and worked in the Middle East, I have always understood
the difference between Iraq and Afghanistan and the political consequences
of our involvement there.  The Taliban was overthrown in a matter of weeks,
with minimal personnel, and with overwhelming support from the local
populace and the surrounding countries.  This was done in the best
 traditions of T.E. Lawrence... in the Middle East one man can do more than
an entire army.... provided the message, leadership and the moral authority
are unquestionable.  Although the fight continues, I have no doubt of the
eventual outcome.

For an agency that rarely talks about what it does, I ask that you take a
moment and give them the same due that you would any American soldier or
sailor.  The difference is they don't wear uniforms, you likely will never
know who they are, and despite the best disinformation efforts of Hollywood
producers, these guys get paid next to nothing and no one knows who they
are.  I promise you these field agents get paid half what private
contractors are paid, and once done with the job they can't put what they
did on a resume.  These guys do what they do ... for one reason only...
because it's the right thing to do.  And they know it's right when their
brothers in the field fighting with them are not just the military special
forces... but also local farmers, tribesmen, families, merchants and
businessmen.

Something you don't hear every day, but food for thought for Sept. 11.

Best Regards,

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1