Re: BJ8 top

To: "Tom Williams" <twilliams@suscom-maine.net>
Subject: Re: BJ8 top
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:59:43 +0800
Tom -

I'm not sure what you mean by the "hide-em" strip, but if you mean the long
strip of leatherette that is fixed on each end by the metal triangle-arrow
shaped finishing piece... this strip is NOT glued on.  It has two pieces of
piping running the length of the strip, which when you spread them apart
it discloses a little channel where you can hammer tacks into the wooden
header.  This keeps the top from coming off and fixes everything securely
and without leaking.  Once the tacks are in, the two bits of piping will
close like two lips and cover everything up.

The absolute most complicated part of the whole procedure is fixing the back
window down to the rear channel so that there arent any wrinkles... it may
take you a couple of days and alot of anger management therapy to get this
looking right.

Hope that helps you!

Alan

'52 A90