RE: BJ8 top

To: "Tom Williams" <twilliams@suscom-maine.net>
Subject: RE: BJ8 top
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 01:23:27 -0700
Hi, Tom -
The instructions attached may help.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-healeys@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-healeys@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Tom Williams
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 6:43 PM
To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: BJ8 top

I need to replace the top on my BJ8, and I was thinking of doing it
myself.   I've been browsing thru some of the archives, and it seems
like a a do-able job if one is comfortable with trial and error.

The current top is just stapled to the leading edge of the header rail,
and then the hidem-strip is glued? over the staples.   Is that the
correct way to install the front of the top?   Should the leading edge
of the top be tucked under the front header rail?    If you just tack or
staple the leading edge down on top of the header rail, what keeps the
wind from working it loose and ripping it off?

thanks,

Tom

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/msword which had a name
of BJ8 Convertible Top.doc]