Concidering Smitty's conversion for my BN1/feedback

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Concidering Smitty's conversion for my BN1/feedback
From: "Taylor Maurer" <heavyhiking@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 09:18:54 -0400
Dear List,
My engine and tranny are out following an engine fire and I am considering a
Smitty's conversion after rough times with the original 3 speed.  When I
bought the car the tranny was shot with a non working overdrive and then
after buying a rebiut 3 speed and overdrive I could never get the overdrive
working and the tranny leaks oil something auwful and there are already a
good amount of metal shavings afetr less than 200 mile on the rebiuld.  I
want to enjoy my car for at least a little while before it is layed up
again.  The feed back I am requesting from the list is:

1. Why if any reason should I not put a Smitty's conversion in my BN1?

2.  How will it affect acceleration and top speed?

3.  Is it posible to change the conversion back to original without much
notice that it was there?

4.  What toyota trannies are most recomended for this?

5.  Is there any additional feedback from List regarding the conversion?

Thanks,
Taylor
55BN1 (mostly original as of right now, but also in peices)