Re: HVLP Spray guns

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HVLP Spray guns
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 10:05:25 -0500
I am not an expert either, I bought I HVLP gun the second time I painted my
car last summer, as others have state, when they first came out HVLP meant a
whole new set-up, compressor, lines, etc, for the gun, now they run of off a
regular compressor and lines.

They are advertised to use less paint up to 50% less I believe, and also
have less overspray, the less overspray was noticable, I did not think I
used that much less paint when I painted with the HVLP the second time
around.

My gun is rated as needing 11.4 CFM at 29 PSI, my medium sized home ($300
Sears Crafstman 110v) compressor seemed to have no problem keeping up, I
don't recall the ratings on my compressor, but it is not a heavy dute shop
type, but a medium duty home/amatuer use model.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1