RE: valve adjustment

To: "'Healey@autox.team.net'" <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: valve adjustment
From: "Peter Schauss" <schauss@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 18:17:11 -0400
When I first got my BJ7 I ran an experiment to see if it made any
difference.  I forget now whether I set the valves hot and checked them cold
or vice-versa, but the end result was that there was no significant
difference.

I did not see mention of this so I will.  The General Data page of the BMC
shop manual specifies .012" hot for the 100-6 and .012" cold for the 3000.

HTH,
Peter Schauss
1963 BJ7 (with valves set cold)
1980 MGB (with valves set - ouch - hot)