Re: Fuel pump points

To: Simon Lachlan <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Fuel pump points
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 11:22:32 -0600
Hi Simon,

You will or "should" have to adjust the point toggle adjustment (up &
down) on the threaded rod to get it just right. Follow the book. (so
many turns etc) It's a good idea to check the toggle adjustment even on
a completely new pump.

The elasticity of the diaphram will affect the available spindle travel
& thus the toggle adjustment.

It wouldn't hurt to open the bottom & clean the valves & inlet screen
also. You DO have a book or instructions, I hope. If you don't have "the
book", maybe Rich or someone will give detailed instructions on here. Or
refer you to a website that covers it.

Getting the valve parts in the correct locations & orientation is an
exercise in detail. As is the adjustment of the toggle & tightening the
body bolts with the diaphram in it's correct position.

Dave Russell
BN2