Fuel pump points

To: "'healey list'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel pump points
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:46:59 +0100
Am still waiting for the points for my pump, AUF 301 (per the later BJs).

1)       It is my hope and presumption that the so-called "rocker mechanism"
(moving points portion) screws onto the top of the "diaphragm spindle", so
the spindle will be threaded to screw into it.

2)       If that is true, then I won't be opening up the pump body and
fiddling with the innards. So, won't I just have to swap the old points with
the new and adjust nothing except to make sure the points, top and bottom,
line up?

Hope, but somehow doubt, that I've made myself clear????

Simon