Lucas 25D6 distributor

To: Healey forum <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lucas 25D6 distributor
From: "Ph.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:41:53 +0200
Hi all,
I just had my Lucas 25D6 (serial # 40966 B) distributor of my BJ8
completely overhauled by Jeff Schlemmer of Advanced Distributors. Clamp
ring is now in STEEL, new shaft, new points, new condenser.
The ignition curve is a bit faster than the original which will give
more spirited performance with no ill effects, as Jeff stated. Looks
like new.
But: all that was a bit too early as I've just decided to go for a 123
electronic ignition in my car (developed by Dutch guys, so I couldn't
resist <grin>).
Consequently I'm intending to sell the overhauled, never used
distributor, complete with an extra rotor, on e-bay but before doing so
I'm offering it to the members of this list.
In case you are seriously interested please contact me off list - I then
can send you pictures to show the unit is looking better than new and we
can discuss a price.
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432